Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thunder Over Louisville

Saturday we went to an even that Louisville has every year called Thunder Over Louisville.  They had an air show from 3pm until it got dark.  They used all kinds of aircraft from the airforce.  It was actually pretty cool to see the different types of planes, many of them used in war in the past and nowadays.  They did lots of tricks and made it fun to see.  Once it got dark they had an amazing fireworks show...bigger than any I've ever seen!  I stole a pic of the fireworks off some guy's website.  I figured I'd be able to find one a lot better than I could have taken w/ my little camera out there.  As you can see there were TONS of people there and traffic was a BEAST afterwards.  We got home around midnight and were sooooooooo tired.  It was torture to wake up on Sunday....at noon...for church at 1pm : )  Honestly though when I woke up I felt like I had 2 hours of sleep, haha.

Pete got a nice little sunburn being outside all day!
They set off the fireworks over the Ohio River.  Soooo cool.  They shot the firworks off the bridge and a few barges in the river.  They played music that went along with the fireworks too!

1 comment:

martha said...

awww thanks for posting the pics lora, i love them. i miss Thunder. one day, i will see it again. perhaps next year now that i am GRADUATED! :)